Fortuna loses undefeated status in Deventer

23 September 2023
Reading Time: ${ readingTime }
Home / News / Fortuna loses undefeated status in Deventer
2023 Go Ahead Fortuna Noslin

Fortuna went down with clear figures in Deventer: 3-0. It was the first defeat of the season.

In the opening stages, the home club had the better of the game. Bas Kuipers forced Fortuna goalkeeper Ivor Pandur into a fine save with a shot, and a hard shot by Bobby Adekanye went just over the goal. As the first half progressed Go Ahead remained the team with the biggest threat, Pandur had to intervene twice when Victor Edvardsen shot. The Fortuna goalie again showed his class.

Eight minutes before halftime the team from Deventer did take the lead. After an attack on the right side of the pitch, the speedy Adekanye put the ball in front of the goal and Edvardsen scored from close range: 1-0. Fortuna were hardly dangerous in the first 45 minutes; a long-distance shot by Kaj Sierhuis that went just wide was the only chance. On the stroke of half-time Sierhuis was unlucky, when a nice effort from about 12 meters went just over the goal.

At the start of the second half the best chances were also for head coach René Hake's team. Kuipers again tested Pandur's qualities with a shot from close range, Edvardsen hit the post from close range. Fortuna was also much more threatening in the second half, after a well-judged cross from Iñigo Córdoba, Alen Halilovic had a good shooting chance from 12 meters. However, the midfielder aimed over.

The guests became more dangerous, Tijjani Noslin heading just over after just over an hour of play. The supporters in the atmospheric away box felt that Fortuna was getting better into the match. Deroy Duarte was closest to an equalizer, hitting the post out of reach of goalkeeper Jeffrey de Lange with a fine shot from distance. In an attempt to take at least one point back to Limburg, head coach Danny Buijs made some offensive changes. However, it was the home club that took advantage of the space created, and with less than fifteen minutes on the clock substitute Sylla Sow decided the game definitively: 2-0.

In the added time, Philippe Rommens even put a third goal on the board for the home club. Referee Bas Nijhuis awarded a penalty kick to the home club after Rodrigo Guth fouled the Belgian midfielder. The VAR corrected this decision and concluded that the foul was made outside the sixteen-meter area, free kick instead of penalty. Rommens got behind the ball and still shot in impeccably: 3-0.

Line-up: Pandur, Pinto (74’ Lazetic), Guth, Siovas, Dijks (74’ Vita), Córdoba (81’Oratmangoen), Duarte, Halilovic, Rosier (61’ Özyakup), Noslin, Sierhuis (61 ’Belkheir)